Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pollyanna's philosophy

This week I'd a frequent pop-up in my mind. Do you remember this movie?

I grow up watching Disney's movies and this was one of my favorites. I read also the book many many times. It was a gift for a special occasion, I don't remember which one, maybe my tenth birthday. I still have it in my Billy bookcase, with "Little womans" and all Harry Potter books :-)


You know, I share pretty much the same way of thinking with little Pollyanna: think positive, there's always something good waiting for you! Yin and Yang. Balance of forces in the Universe... 

Evil part (of my week): 
  • My washing machine is broken and it can't be repaired immediately, because we're waiting the pieces that have to be changed. Life without a washing machine, is hard as a single (At least it was for me when I was alone), but when you have two Kids things tend to go little crazy. 
  • Kid1 is ill again, an other nasty virus. No fever, fortunately.
  • I've cabin fever. The weather is horrible! It's raining and raining and raining. Sunny days are rare this month.
Good part (of my week):
  • I met virtually new interesting people. Nice, kind and inspiring.
  • I read, I reread and I will read amazing *romantic* books

Samantha Stroh Bbailey
 This book was a real surprise. I buy Indie authors books for my kindle often. Sometimes they're delusional, but not this one :-) Read it.

Jill Shalvis
I reread this book, because I simply love it, there's romance and a lot of fun :-) The pug Tank (aka the Antichrist) is hilarious. However the whole Lucky Harbor series is amazing.


Kristan Higgins


I'd to buy the paperback version, because the publisher didn't allow Amazon to sell the Kindle version outside the US, but I couldn't wait longer... I like this author for the same reason I like Jill Shalvis, in their books you can find the prefect fusion of romance and humor :-)
I'm waiting the TNT guy with the little box, delivery is scheduled for this afternoon :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment